David White will host the seminar at the New School of Acupuncture, 382 c Manukau Rd, Epsom. The seminar will focus on specific primary channel diagnostic methods and needling techniques as described in the 2000 year old Huangdi Neijing (黃帝內經). David will take the participants through the language of the Neijing with distinct attention to the rare, yet highly applicable, Renying / Cunkou pulse diagnosis method. This pulse and channel palpation method allows for the practitioner to know which channel / vessel is impaired in addition to giving the body a clear directional message for healing. David will also cover the 26 needling techniques of Lingshu, Chapter 7.
• An overview of the Huangdi Neijing, background studies and key terminology and disease presentations.
• Introduction to the various pulse sites and diagnostic methods found within the Neijing: Qi Kou, Sanbu Jiuhou, Renying / Cunkou, and diagnosis through inspection of the countenance.
• Breakdown and focus of the chapters explaining Renying / Cunkou pulse diagnosis in detail.
• Practical session of pulse palpation.
• Continuation of Renying / Cunkou pulse diagnosis.
• Channel palpation and inspecting the countenance in detail.
• Bridging diagnosis and treatment: focus on key needling techniques from Lingshu chapter 7, including channel and tissue specific techniques.
• Case Study analysis.
• Practical session of pulse palpation and needling methods.
About David White
David has been studying, practising and teaching Chinese medicine for over 17 years. He is in full time clinical practice, a senior lecturer for the Sydney Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine (SITCM), senior teacher and founding member for the International Society for the Study of Classical Acupuncture (ISSCA), and PhD Candidate at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS). David has dedicated many years to the study and application of the Huangdi Neijing and solely applies the methods of that text in private practice.
To register please use the contact form and leave your name and contact details. The cost of the seminar is $300 inc GST and payable to ASB 12 3057 0154522 00 or send a cheque payable to “The Acupuncture Clinic” to PO Box 938 Napier 4140. Approved by NZRA for 12 hours CPD. Saturday and Sunday 9:30 -4:30.
Accommodation suggestion: Knights Inn, 5 minutes walk from seminar venue.